【異地戀難嗎?】♥♡Top 10 ways to make a long distance relationship work!♥♡ LUK

Bee and I have had an amazing long distance relationship for over 2 years. While we hope it won’t be long distance for long we have cherished what we have had.

It has been difficult at times but we have developed ways to make it work and stay close together despite being an ocean apart. So without further ado here is my Top 10 ways to make a long distance relationship work:
1.Have the right mate♥♡:
A long distance relationship is not for everyone. Some people simply cannot do it there is nothing wrong with that given its difficulty.
If considering one is it important to look at yourself and question if you will be able to do it. Luckily for me, Bee is someone who can handle a long distance relationship.

2.Have a Plan♥♡:
The plan can be big or small, it just needs to the two can look forward too. For Bee and me, it helped us to have something to look forward too.
For example, not a day goes by that we do not know when we will see each other next. So have a plan when to meet next, when to skype next and maybe if it is serious enough, when will you be able to move in together.

3.Skype♥♡:
Skype/Facetime is your most important tool to make a long distance relationship work. I believe it is important to skype at least once a week and more if possible. 
If that feels too much or tough to fit in your schedule consider short skype chats like 15-30 minutes. It will be important to see your boyfriend/girlfriend and make them feel closer to you.


4.Texting♥♡:
It is important to text your loved one daily to keep them informed about your life. You don’t need to discuss deep topics, even simple questions of “what you are eating” or “how is the weather” will suffice. It will help you feel close with your partner and good to keep each other in mind.

5. Pictures♥♡!
Bee will be quick to point out that I do not send enough pictures haha. I admit I don’t do enough and I should send more. Send pictures of meals, your home or anything interesting you come across in your life. This will give your partner a great visual of your life. Also don’t forget one of the most important pictures to send, Selfies! Those are the best.

6.Gift boxes♥♡:
One of my personal favorites to give, is a gift box to Bee. It can be especially good if it a surprise. I like to include things unique to your country or city, pictures, something handmade, candy and letters. These re a great way to surprise your significant other and give them something special.

7.Honesty♥♡:
Probable one of the most important ones on this list, honesty is critically important to make a long distance relationship work.  It is important to be honest for everything. Having true honesty will give your partner peace of mind and allow both of you to be more comfortable with the long distance relationship. 
Honesty means being able to ask any question, say anything and share anything. Having this is probable the single most important thing to make the relationship work.

8.Understanding♥♡:
I am very lucky to have Bee who is very understanding. Unfortunately with my job often I am not able to text her as much as I should or sometimes I get busy and won’t be able to skype as much as I like but she always understands. This is really important to me for her to understand that sometimes I am busy and can’t be as committed. I always try to make it up to her as she is so important to me!

9. Enjoy the little time you have♥♡:
I would tend to imagine all long distance couples, with a few exceptions, get to see their loved ones at least a few times a year, so make the most of it! The two of you don’t have much time together so enjoy it and savor it, as it won’t be long before you’re longing for each other again.

10. Keep it simple♥♡:

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

分別來自香港及加拿大的我們結束了異地戀,之後在加拿大有情人終成眷屬。希望我們所分享的生活趣事、文化衝突及旅遊日記等經驗可以幫助大家,令大家的世界有小小不一樣。歡迎到facebook關注我們啊~